Palos Community Hospital
Palos Community Hospital has experienced continual growth since it opened its doors 38 years ago. Located on a large wooded complex, the hospital blends in to Palos Heights' natural surroundings. The hospital also operates a large medical complex in Orland Park.
With an emergency room, surgery departments, cancer treatment, maternity center and hundreds of physiciansrepresenting more than 40 specialties and sub-specialties, Palos Community Hospital has the ability to offer its patients numerous areas of care. Palos Community Hospital operates as a a non-profit organization.
- Handicap Accessible: The main door is handicap accessible.
- Founding Date: 04/19/1972
- Licenses: The Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons; Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care; Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories; American Diabetes Association
- Accreditations/certifications: The Joint Commission
- Affiliations: Affiliated with numerous colleges and universities
- Financial assistance: Payment plan
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of beds: 436
- Type: General, Pediatric, Rehabilitation, Trauma center
- Features: Cafeteria, Chapel, Gift/flower shop
- Departments: Cancer center, Cardiology, Intensive care unit, Internal medicine, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Physical therapy, Radiology, Rehabilitation services, Surgery, Trauma center
- Visiting hours: Vary by department, call
- Helipad: Yes