The Palos Heights City Council awarded funding Tuesday night to the 2012 Roads Program that will upgrade several roadways throughout the city.
The annual program received $274,969 in funding, pending the approval of the entire budget. Seven streets have been targeted for improvement this year.
During his State of the City Address last week, Mayor Robert Straz said that since 2001, 27 of the city's 55 miles of roadways have been resurfaced. You can watch a video of the full speech on PHTV's Patch blog.
The following projects have been identified as part of the 2012 program:
- Harold Avenue from 123rd to 121st streets
- 120th Street from Harlem Avenue to Oak Park Avenue
- 122nd Street from 71st Avenue to 70th Avenue
- 119th Place from Harlem Avenue to 74th
- New WestgateEnterance
- Shoshone Road from 12839 Shoshone to Potawatomi Drive
- Westgate Avenue from 127th Street to Edgewood
Wards 1, 2 and 3 are each home to two of the projects, while Ward 4 is receiving one.