Party-goers driving around town over Super Bowl weekend need to remember to buckle up.
Palos Park police recently announced a 'Super Buckle-Up Weekend' effort, during which the boys in blue will be paying particular attention to moving violations and those not wearing seat belts.
"It is clear that child safety seats and seat belts save lives and need to be used by the motoring public as part of their normal routine when driving or riding in a vehicle," said Palos Park Police Chief Joe Miller.
Officers will be focused on incidents of speeding, following too closely, improper lane changing, reckless driving and driving under the influence, police said.
Super Bowl weekend is Feb. 1-3.
Source: Village of Palos Park
Want more news?
- Bank at TCF? Here's a Police Report You Should Read
- Palos Heights Woman Loses Big in Lottery Scam
- ARREST WARRANTS: Wanted in Palos
- Police Warn of 'Biggest Scams' During the Holiday Season
- Ordering Online? Watch for Fake USPS Emails