A Palos Park police officer was recently named the 2012 SWAT Operator of the Year for the South Suburban Emergency Response Team, SunTimes Media reports.
Detective Barry Churin has spent 20 years serving south suburban communities, according to the report. He has spent nine years with the emergency response team.
Churin told SunTimes Media that serving the last nine years has been both an honor and the fulfilment of a goal.
Want more news?
- More Home Burglaries Reported in Palos Heights
- Driver Ticketed in T-Bone Crash Wednesday Morning
- Palos Hospital Unveiling New Surgical and Patient Pavilion
- What Should Go Here? Retail Space Near Jewel on Harlem
- 2 Years in Prison for Man Charged in Teen OD Case