This is a great reason to lock your cars at night and, if you can, park them in a garage.
A car parked in a driveway in the 7700 block of McIntosh Drive was reported stolen, according to a Palos Heights police report.
The victim told police that the car was left at about 8 p.m. on Feb. 25. By the next morning, the car was gone without a trace.
It is believed the car was taken sometime between 8 p.m., Feb. 25, and 10 a.m., Feb. 26.
A description of the vehicle wasn't provided by Palos Heights police.
The incident is being investigated as a motor vehicle theft.
Are you a fan of true crime? Like the Crime-n-Shame Facebook page for tales of mischief and woe from all over the Chicago area.
Police report information is provided by Palos Heights Police. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.
Want more news?
- Sandburg Athletic Director Bruce Scheidegger Dies in Car Accident
- Two-Car Head-on Collision at Route 83 and 69th Court
- Drug-Related Charges and a DUI Arrest for Area Drivers: Blotter
- Kicking & Screaming Leads to Charges Outside Gas Station Bathroom: Blotter
- Guns in Public Places: Where Do You Stand?