Out with the old, in with the new.
The new , 12803 S. Harlem Avenue, will open its doors at 6 a.m. on Thursday, June 28. The old store, which will be torn down in the coming months, closes for good at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
The new location is more than 50,000 square feet and will boast a number of new features that the old location was lacking.
A Wendy's after the original 45-year-old building is demolished.
Patch will be given a tour of the new store Wednesday afternoon, look for pictures later today.
The new Jewel will also contain a TCF Bank branch and a drive-up kiosk will also be added for those filling prescriptions.
Other features of the new store include:
- Sky lights and polished concrete floors
- Chef’s kitchen deli
- Farmstand produce, including organic products
- Butcher block premium meat department
- Expanded fresh fish department
- Bake shop
- Floral department
- Soup, wing and olive bars
- Cheese shop
- Expanded pharmacy with consultation room
- Five self-checkout terminals
- Redbox movie rentals