Prowler Seen Snooping Near Palos Park Home
Police said a man was spotted with a flashlight in the early morning on Friday. They offered tips on how to keep yourself safe from prowlers.
Police are investigating a report of a man with a flashlight seen wandering in the front yard of a home in the 8900 block of 126th Street in Palos Park.
The man is described as wearing a T-shirt and tan pants with the pant legs rolled up. No physical description of the man was provided. A woman who was in the home at around 4:30 a.m. flipped on the outside lights, scaring off the man toward Route 7.
Police were unable to find the man after searching the area.
- Utilize your outdoor lighting around your home. By leaving these lights on you have your entrances lit up which can deter any activity around your home.
- Consider installing a floodlight with a motion sensor on it. This makes quite a surprise when a motion sensor goes off and it lights the surrounding area up.
- Make sure all windows are locked at night. This way you have all windows safe and locked from anybody
- Keep your blinds down. This for one keeps people from looking in, but as well keeps items that may be valuable out of sight. Just like they say “out of sight, out of mind”.
- Consider a home security system. This is an expensive route to possibly take, but a powerful one also.
- Even if you decide not to get a home security system consider buying some stickers to place on your door to seem like you have a security system installed.
- Make sure all tools and other stuff you own is brought in at night. This way none of these items can be used to break in.
- Make sure all your doors are locked, seems like an obvious task, but these can go overlooked sometimes.
- Keep your cars in the garage at night and locked if possible. If you can’t keep your cars in the garage make sure they are locked and completely secure. Also, make sure you keep your garage door opener out of sight, once again “out of sight, out of mind."
Want more police news?