Texting Might Soon Be Allowed in Stagg High School
A District 230 school board vote coming later this month could open up cell phone policies at the high school.
The Consolidated High School District 230 Board of Education is expected to vote this month on policy that would allow the use of cell phones, tablets and similar devices in school, according to The Reporter.
Electronic devices, such as iPods and iPads, are banned at district schools during the day, according to the report. District 230 includes Amos Alonzo Stagg High School, Carl Sandburg High School and Victor J. Andrew High School.
The District 230 school board's meeting is scheduled for Feb. 28.
Want more news?
- Two-Car Head-on Collision at Route 83 and 69th Court
- Drug-Related Charges and a DUI Arrest for Area Drivers: Blotter
- Former Deputy Fire Chief Pleads Not Guilty to Attempted Murder, Sex Assault of Neighbor
- Kicking & Screaming Leads to Charges Outside Gas Station Bathroom: Blotter
- No Injuries Reported in School Bus Crash on Wolf Road: Police (UPDATE)