New Jewel-Osco to Open This Thursday
After years of planning and building, the new Jewel-Osco in Palos Heights will open its doors for business Thursday, June 28. Read about all the shiny new details.
Out with the old, in with the new.
The new Jewel-Osco, 12803 S. Harlem Avenue, will open its doors at 6 a.m. on Thursday, June 28. The old store, which will be torn down in the coming months, closes for good at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
The new location is more than 50,000 square feet and will boast a number of new features that the old location was lacking.
A Wendy's restaurant will begin construction after the original 45-year-old building is demolished.
Patch will be given a tour of the new store Wednesday afternoon, look for pictures later today.
The new Jewel will also contain a TCF Bank branch and a drive-up kiosk will also be added for those filling prescriptions.
Other features of the new store include:
- Sky lights and polished concrete floors
- Chef’s kitchen deli
- Farmstand produce, including organic products
- Butcher block premium meat department
- Expanded fresh fish department
- Bake shop
- Floral department
- Soup, wing and olive bars
- Cheese shop
- Expanded pharmacy with consultation room
- Five self-checkout terminals
- Redbox movie rentals