Election Day in Palos: What You Need to Know
Palos Patch will be all over Tuesday night's election results. Find out everything you need to know about today's voting and tonight's coverage.
The seemingly endless primary election season has finally reached Illinois. While the national election might be getting the most attention, it is the local races and refernda that are our focus here at Palos Patch.
Our Election Central page is bursting with information on all the day's races. Visit the page to read candidate questionnaires, explore past coverage and find links to voting information like polling place locations.
I have been paying particularly close attention to the Palos Fire District Rederendum this season, so check out that page for all the background information.
Tonight the site will be hopping with news as we bring you live vote tallies. Starting at 7 p.m. Patch is your place for live election results.
We will also have a live blog that will bring you news and updates on the biggest races throughout the Chicago area, including the Republican presidential primary.
Yours truly will be stopping by a few polling places throughout the day, so check the Palos Patch Facebook page for updates and photos throughout the day.
- Sample Ballot: To see your sample ballot, go to the Cook County Clerk's website and enter your address in the Sample Ballot Builder.
- Polling locations: You can find your polling place through the Cook County Clerk's site.
- Voting Hours: Pollis open at 6 a.m. and close at 7 p.m.
Reporting Vote Fraud and Voter/Election Information:
Cook County Clerk David Orr's office also will be fielding calls from voters now and until the polls close Tuesday, March 20. The Clerk's Office provides the following phone numbers:
- Election information, polling place location and other voter services (automated directory), 312-603-0906
- Voter verification, 312-603-0239
- Election information (Spanish), 312-603-6767
- Election information (Chinese), 312-603-6769
- Election information (Polish), 312-603-6770
- Disabled voters (hospitalized voters, curbside voting), 312-603-0929
- TDD (hearing impaired), 312-603-0902
To report voter fraud and other irregularities, call the Cook County Clerk's office at (312) 603-0909.